Discuss t4ts practical in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stecunners

hello all would be plumbers..............

I have just completed week one of my c&g 6129 plumbing course at ATL featherstone..
The facilities are excellent,the tutors are very friendly..
All the basics have been covered in week one..
Copper pipe cutting,bending ,soldering,compression fittings,
speed fit,waste pipe fittings.
It is very intensive plumbing,you jump from 1 task to the next,but
everything is photographed and logged then put into a potfolio.
Towards the end of the week,you do a first fix,working from a drawing,hot and cold pipework,clipped to the wall with risers for a wc and sink,following the current water regs,isolation valves,compression and soldered fittings,end caps,passover bends,this is then bucket tested and hopefully passed....
To sum up, anyone doing the t4ts course and hearing all the bad publicity i wouldnt worry,because the skills i have learned in just one week are invaluable and have given me the confidence to tackle any basic plumbing job..week two starts on monday,so will post again.....

thats great news, first hand experience is better than no experience

stecunners, have you done your second week yet, im still waiting to go first week at luton, waiting for the branch to open been waiting along time, anyone else waiting.

stecunners, have you done your second week yet, im still waiting to go first week at luton, waiting for the branch to open been waiting along time, anyone else waiting.

I have just done my 2 weeks at featherstone and there was not one bad thing said about t4ts by ANY of the students.
The guys at atl are great and the course work you have done at home starts to make a lot more sense when your doing the practical and the class input they give you too.

hi mate, yes done 2nd week, pretty good, learnt quite a bit,still on the basic stuff yet, but thats probably the bulk of a plumbers work anyway...
Had to install WC,bath,mixer shower,basin and a radiator....
i heard they were opening another training centre ages ago,thought it would be open by now...i would recommend ATL featherstone but from where you are(i presume south east/midlands) it would be expensive to pay two weeks bed and breakfast,
just had a letter about weeks 3 and 4 from t4ts,problem is i have no holidays left at work,so its either,ask for unpaid leave or throw a sicky,
Let us know how you get on when you start your practical

To stecunners - Hi mate how far you have gone regards to your Plumbing Practical course as I am on my module 12 now. Thanks for your advise/tips in advance.

Chaps dont get too excited yet got a few pit falls to get over ie the practicals are done by ATL not T4TS and my biggest problem is that T4TS will take your money and give you 6129 level 2 and 3 but does mean your a plumber 6089. There should be a certain route that covers everything.

Sorry to sound negative but you need to know the facts with regards to the ATL sites very good and knowledge/experience is excellent

As already mentioned one week is great but you need to be doing this everyday etc as in real life it is different

Good Luck with it all

Also ATL kidderminster is well recommended- good facilities, tutors, etc best i've been to

Last edited by a moderator:
Plumbing is difficult I have jumped ship from IT and started plumbing in IT all the info I needed to pass my exams were laid out clearly in books that I needed to read the difficulty I have with plumbing is that the stuff that I needs to know is not exactly clearly laid out, it would have been helpful if there were small pointers through out the material which say remember this or that is important. Still I have managed to get through and complete module 11 I only have 12 to complete before attending training. Please can someone let me know what to expect at training.

read t4ts contract, you have to pay 1300 before you can book your first practical.

read t4ts contract, you have to pay 1300 before you can book your first practical.

Dude I think your contract may be different I dont think that there is any charge for practical training other wise when I spoke to T4TS last week they would have mentioned that to me also when starting the course my sales advisor did say that payment for the theory and practicle part of the course is included in the monthly fee that I will be paying back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I just recieved a letter saying i had to complete TMA 12 and have too had paid ÂŁ1300.00before being able to go on Pratical weeks 1 & 2 at Yorkshire, that was not explained when i signed up

Oh dear does not sound good ive just completed tma12 read this, ive just contacted the t4ts as the sales guy never said anything about this dont know where i stand though its in black and white on the back off the contract.

There seems to be lots of things that t4ts don't explain to people. I would not advise anyone to use them for training,a lot of there methods seem extremely suspect. They don't let truth get in the way of things.

When will this robbery of good hard working young lads trying to make a living stop,imo thats what it equates to if they dont get the full lay down of expenses and qualifications when they are enlisted on a course

I agree glenno they are just taking advantage of people. Absolutely no morals at all.

Sorry to say guys! I am a victim of this as well. It's been almost three years now I haven't completed my level 3 yet. Now I am thinking of going with someone to complete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to t4ts practical in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am currently a private hire driver undergoing an NVQ level 2 in plumbing the course then goes on to a level 3. I am looking to get...
Replies
Views
D
We have a 5 day plumbign and bathroom fitting course starting on Saturday November 6th at our Stoke-on-Trent centre. The course is from 9am until...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
J
Hello all, As some of you may know I am trying my hardest to get some volunteer hours with plumbers to up my chances of getting into plumbing...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
J
Wow just had the week from hell - Due to finish my 6129 level 2 at T4TS. Wanted to test the water as it is as to furthering this...
Replies
Views
Jamie Banks
J
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock