Discuss System Chemical Flush Best Practice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for the advice, I did see this test advertised but wondered if it would work with Center cleaner and inhibitor products?
"Interpretation of the results is based on the samples being representative of the system and treatment being with Fernox products"

Center do a similar test:

They're interesting in a geeky sort of way, but not cheap, ca £100.

Thanks for the advice, I did see this test advertised but wondered if it would work with Center cleaner and inhibitor products?
It might not tell you anything about other brands of inhibitor and their dose rate but it will tell you whether the water is corrosive and what's in it.

Half fill a jar with system water and drop a mild steel nail in it, give it a day. If there is rust, the system needs inhibitor.

Old fashioned way but it works as it is basic chemistry.

Thanks for the science suggestion, I have just got back a report from Fernox which confirmed a pH of 7.8 against an 8 which I estimated using litmus paper, they also confirmed it was reasonably clean, although the water is harder (calcium carbonate content) then recommended at 250 compared to a maximum of 226ppm.

Reply to System Chemical Flush Best Practice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock