Search the forum,

Discuss System boiler baxi wm 30/3 rs not working as before customer claim - please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

manic26

Hello all good evening could anyone please shed some light on my situation from your knowledge base

Yesterday I disconnected a gas fire and capped the supply pipe off, re-lit the above boiler and came home, everything okay. This afternoon the lady claimed that the heating is not high enough and the hot water is not hot enough like it used to be before. I went this afternoon and she had a point as I did not check it before capping off the fire. I checked the pump was working, the pipes leading to both the heating and hot taps were hot. cylinder thermostat was set to 60. Boiler pilot was okay and the main burner was coming on as normal.

I even spoke to my mentor plumber but he could not figure out much about it. I know it is not my problem as the boiler was okay when it was re-lit and I only capped their gas fire but I just want to go back tomorrow again with some more and give it another try.

Many thanks in advance

manic 26 you could try to see is boiler under gassed if this is the case boiler will work ok but will not get total out put out of gas boiler by this i mean will not get hot enough you wiil notice this if she uses gas to cook etc it will look like the boiler is going out on stat watch flame picture on boiler and you should see what i mean its ever so slight have to really look at it good luck DAVE01

You will need to go back sadly, gas rate boiler and confirm what the flow temp is getting to.

The max output on these is only 30,000btu (around 8kW) so quite small, was she suplementing the heat to the house with the fire?

I wouldn't go back without charging her. If you only disconnected a fire, then you've not touched the boiler, only a relight and visual etc.

sure she's not just trying her luck?

manic 26 you could try to see is boiler under gassed if this is the case boiler will work ok but will not get total out put out of gas boiler by this i mean will not get hot enough you wiil notice this if she uses gas to cook etc it will look like the boiler is going out on stat watch flame picture on boiler and you should see what i mean its ever so slight have to really look at it good luck DAVE01

Can't be Dave since the boiler,s on its own now after I capped the only other gas appliance in the dwelling, the fire . She,s got electric cookery.

You will need to go back sadly, gas rate boiler and confirm what the flow temp is getting to.

The max output on these is only 30,000btu (around 8kW) so quite small, was she suplementing the heat to the house with the fire?

No she never used it, the electric socket was actually rolled and kept inside the fire, ie, never plugged

She is trying it on! It could be a lot of things. I had one last week. Similar sounding hw was fine rads got warm them went off. There was no room stat on the system and some clown had wired the cylinder stat to shut down everything when satisfied.

She is trying it on! It could be a lot of things. I had one last week. Similar sounding hw was fine rads got warm them went off. There was no room stat on the system and some clown had wired the cylinder stat to shut down everything when satisfied.

They make me sick mate. I did a job the other day, just a straight forward boiler service, everything passed. Jobs a gooden I thought, handed the paperwork etc. drove to my next call, then office called asking could I go back as the ladies hot water was not working now.

I went back thinking I'd altered the timer by mistake or something, but the boiler ran fine on hot water when I got there. Told her everything was working, then she said no it isn't, try the hot water in the downstairs toilet. Tried the tap and no water came out, the bloody thing was isolated underneath. She blamed me and said I should have checked and rectified on the initial service.

She then "told" me to get my tools out the van and fix it, not a chance I said, I don't know if its plumbed in right etc etc.

didnt trust her as far as I could throw her, it's just people after something for nothing. She said she was going to make a complaint, so I have her the numbers for complaint making and told her to make sure she told them that I'd made a tap stop working that was never working in the first place. I've heard nothing since so I'm assuming she's backed down. I find you just have to play these people at their own game, and ill tell you this. ILL WIN EVERY TIME :)

Alternative thought :lightbulb:

No idea if this boiler has one, but the grey button on the honeywell gas valves can 'stick' when you relight the pilot. Could be that it hasn't returned fully back up to rest and the gas flow is reduced? Just a thought :)

I wouldn't go back without charging her. If you only disconnected a fire, then you've not touched the boiler, only a relight and visual etc.

sure she's not just trying her luck?

She could be for all I know

They make me sick mate. I did a job the other day, just a straight forward boiler service, everything passed. Jobs a gooden I thought, handed the paperwork etc. drove to my next call, then office called asking could I go back as the ladies hot water was not working now.

I went back thinking I'd altered the timer by mistake or something, but the boiler ran fine on hot water when I got there. Told her everything was working, then she said no it isn't, try the hot water in the downstairs toilet. Tried the tap and no water came out, the bloody thing was isolated underneath. She blamed me and said I should have checked and rectified on the initial service.

She then "told" me to get my tools out the van and fix it, not a chance I said, I don't know if its plumbed in right etc etc.

didnt trust her as far as I could throw her, it's just people after something for nothing. She said she was going to make a complaint, so I have her the numbers for complaint making and told her to make sure she told them that I'd made a tap stop working that was never working in the first place. I've heard nothing since so I'm assuming she's backed down. I find you just have to play these people at their own game, and ill tell you this. ILL WIN EVERY TIME :)

A tenner her husband installed the taps and it was leaking from day one!

had one yesterday, job said airlock on the hw. Tried to get it out for 20 mins thinking this is a bloody stubborn one. Then after making sure the tank wasn't empty in the loft I asked her if anyone had touched the gate valve feeding the cylinder, she said my friend touched the pipe around it!!!!!!!! Grabbed the bungs stuck em in the tank changed the gate valve all sorted, her tit of a friend had buggered it turning it off to change the taps

No idea if this boiler has one, but the grey button on the honeywell gas valves can 'stick' when you relight the pilot. Could be that it hasn't returned fully back up to rest and the gas flow is reduced? Just a thought :)

Love the fact you offered a reasonable explanation while we slaughtered the poor woman!

That popped up as well but no longer now as its sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to System boiler baxi wm 30/3 rs not working as before customer claim - please help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock