Discuss switching the electrics box on a pump. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

traineedrip

Im trying to replace a myson compact cp61 pump which if installed with flow going up has the electric box underneath it. This is the only way it can fit.

I cant seem to sorce any pump set up like this, they all have them on the side. grundfos say that you can undo the bolts and resite to every position excepty underneath lol.

The myson cp 63 seems to have replaced the cp 61 but again electrics are side mounted. Cant get hold of anyone at myson to confirm that they can be swopped to the bottom.

Anyone come across this issue before?

Have u tried to split a new pump and reseat it in ur prefered position? I'm sure u can. Try this, split the pump, fit the body and tighten/secure into place, then refit the head in the position u need it to be in. Maybe grundfos meant u can't split the pump and fit the head with the electrics downwards and then fit it onto the pump valves as the electrics would get in your way when tightening the pump valve nuts up?

Exactly what i hoped to hear thanks mate. That could be the case with the grundfos, the myson looks more basic so hopefully have more room.

Ill have a go tomorrow:)

Exactly what i hoped to hear thanks mate. That could be the case with the grundfos, the myson looks more basic so hopefully have more room.

Ill have a go tomorrow:)

U do know also that you can just buy a myson pump, take the head off it and fit onto the old body. Unless the body is quite choked up there's no need to replace it. The body doesn't hav any moving parts therefore the old one would do just fine. 9 times outa 10 that's what I do.

Ps don't do if you plan to buy a grundfos, u can mix and match the bodys&heads of the myson/grundfos pumps but u need the correct conversion kits. Trust me the conversions never work, they always leak

U do know also that you can just buy a myson pump, take the head off it and fit onto the old body. Unless the body is quite choked up there's no need to replace it. The body doesn't hav any moving parts therefore the old one would do just fine. 9 times outa 10 that's what I do.

Ps don't do if you plan to buy a grundfos, u can mix and match the bodys&heads of the myson/grundfos pumps but u need the correct conversion kits. Trust me the conversions never work, they always leak

Thanks, I didnt know if that was possible but had thought along similar lines. Looking forward to opening the pump up and having a play. Access is ok but if its gets tricky i`ll just swop heads.

My first pump job so the info is very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to switching the electrics box on a pump. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock