Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Switches in hot press for water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

m1439003

Hi all, new to forum and also a plumbing novice so please excuse any stupid sounding questions.

In my hot press I have two switches on the left hand side (see pic attached). One is linked to top of immerson tank and other is attached to a thermostat on the front face of the tank. Can someone explain to me the purpose of these two switches and do they both need to be always switched on?? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 24
One is for the immersion heater and one look like a 3 pole isolator for the 3 live condctors that connect to the cylinder stat

What do you mean by HOT PRESS ?

Hot press i think is Scottish for airing cupboard

The one that goes to the top is the immersion and should be off if boiler heating hot water

I'm from N.Ireland myself so "hot press" must be a Scottish/Irish thing.. I have switched off the switch that goes to the top of the tank as the boiler is heating the water. I'm guessing the second switch (linked to the thermostat) should be switched ON in order to control the temp of water in tank?

Thanks ecowarm. Could you tell me the purpose of why this termostat is controlled by the switch i.e. what would be the advantage/point of being able to turn off the power to this thermostat??

no advantage to switching off tank stat. must be connected to system to control water temperature, would be dangerous to have unregulated temperature flowing from taps at scolding temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Switches in hot press for water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock