Discuss SULPHER SMELL IN SHOWER in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

We recently had a bathroom referb containing a new walk in shower and have noticed that after the shower has drained away there is a distinct 'eggy' sulpher type smell coming up from the trap. Can anyone point me in the right direction as what this most likely will be and how to best deal with it.

Thanks

Is the water in the trap at a constant level or does it drop when you flush a toilet etc?

Sounds like a syphoning problem in the main stack or connected pipework emptying the shower trap, needs an air inlet valve somewhere or the plumbing sorted to provide a bypass to stop the syphoning.

Reply to SULPHER SMELL IN SHOWER in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no...
Replies
Views
For about a year, my shower on a third floor is giving an on off gas smell sometimes after a shower and particularly in the morning not long after...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views
L
Hello so we have just recently remodeled and I cannot remember if we were experiencing this before in our bathroom upstairs but, there’s a strong...
Replies
Views
LeAnn Trigg
L
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Back