Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Stupid me, had to do first re-work now stuck how to not invoice! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoodedClaw

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi,

Just had to do my first real (non drip) repair/rework in 6 years.

Fitted a ESP pump 15 months ago which started continuously running and after having a look myself the salamaner engineer found no s flange, Doh! Didn't even look for one as couldn't imagine hadn't fitted one... However I wonder why I had one knocking around the van for a while...

So, went back to fit the flange and soon remembered why I did a take off, the battered cylinder with it glued in bush took 90mins to get off with heat and customer help ease the strain. Another 1 hour to find a 1 1/2" > 1" bush and then the pinholes in the cylinder started... long painful day of soldering cylinder (only to last a year so wasn't worth them getting a new one and me starting again) and I'm now stuck on an invoice and how to self assess for tax.

All free work and parts of course - so ;

Do I just put in parts on the invoice, leaving labour out with a paid balance of zero for the self assessment? (parts are of course recorded and tax deducted separately)

Can I put labour on it too and have a negative Invoice for the Self Assessment do I write the labour off lowering my tax?

Feel a right numpty too!

anything you put on an invoice becomes taxable if you try charging for your labour, if you had to buy more parts of course they are tax deductable.

So no parts needed and its your cock up, you have just worked for nothing and the taxman doesnt give a fig as you,ve havent charged for anything.

But the lesson to learn is to add 20% on parts you provide to help get over these lemon days in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stupid me, had to do first re-work now stuck how to not invoice! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi there, First of all, apologies for the quality of the attached image - unfortunately the access to the underside of the boiler is quite tight...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am hoping that you can give us some advice. We're in the UK, and have contracted a company to completely refit the first floor...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to pull a Polypipe SA62B access plug and cap out of the soil vent branch (which I think is a Floplast SP190). It's a bit of a cramped...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock