Discuss Stuff happens in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dm65

I'll start this off by telling you about me emptying a building after burning out a drill while putting a hole through a concrete floor to get some cables through

Smoke from the drill set off the fire alarms causing an evacuation while the fire brigade arrived

Lost the company over an hours production but at least explained that burning that I could smell

My, how we laughed

in my old college I turned up one day and my tutor came running to me to see if id fix a leak in the reception, water ising out everywhere, upon soldering the new pipe work the fire alarm went off with the board of governors in a meeting up stairs

Years ago used to work in fire protection piping up computer rooms for halon systems I bent over and accidently knock the big emergency stop button with my backside it turned off all the computers in this finance companies HQ in London and all the days work was lost they went of their nuts and called the contractor I was subbing off who came down to London the next day.You will not believe what happened next he said what happened and I showed him I bent down and didn't I hit the button again with me backside oops knocked off all computers again needless to say we parted company pretty rapidly..brum

I set off a fire alarm in an old peoples home once. It was the slowest evacuation I've ever seen. But they all seemed excited to be getting out in the fresh air for five minutes!

I set off a fire alarm in an old peoples home once. It was the slowest evacuation I've ever seen. But they all seemed excited to be getting out in the fresh air for five minutes!
Aye that's brilliant mate was working in a sheltered housing complex when fire alarms were falsely set off must have taken 2 hours to empty residents were playing bingo at time and would not leave until end of game..brum

Aye that's brilliant mate was working in a sheltered housing complex when fire alarms were falsely set off must have taken 2 hours to empty residents were playing bingo at time and would not leave until end of game..brum
Those people lived through the Blitz so they know what is and isn't an emergency.

I do service work in a large paint factory. A detector signalled a fire in an electrical room. Fire monitoring company rang to see if it was a false alarm. The receptionist told them there was no fire. Anyway there was. Maintenance staff had to dial 999.
There was sh## to pay. Monitoring company was gonna lose contract. Receptionist denied what she'd said, well until monitoring company announced they recorded all phonecalls. Well ye can imagine who got the flick

Was working in server room for worlds second largest shipping company. Supervising repair to symphonic drainage system, oh how my bottom twitched. Went into plant room to see people running and screaming. Ahu drain had blocked, service lads taken doors off to a flood. Inverter for fan sparking then duooooooooooh electric off and it's raining.
Back in to server room . Visqueen and mop buckets out .

Was working in server room for worlds second largest shipping company. Supervising repair to symphonic drainage system, oh how my bottom twitched. Went into plant room to see people running and screaming. Ahu drain had blocked, service lads taken doors off to a flood. Inverter for fan sparking then duooooooooooh electric off and it's raining.
Back in to server room . Visqueen and mop buckets out .

Just built a new server room for worlds no 1 plumbing and heating supplier. :) Raised above surrounding floor level for flood protection, and no wet services allowed over the ceiling. Electrics separate, with UPS and genny backup.

Fingers crossed some other disaster doesn't strike!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just built a new server room for worlds no 1 plumbing and heating supplier. :) Raised above surrounding floor level for flood protection, and no wet services allowed over the ceiling. Electrics separate, with UPS and genny backup.

Fingers crossed some other disaster doesn't strike!

It's when the water seeps through a crack and your trying to move it away into buckets and away from racks.

Ups nice, drop a spanner in there and watch it vapourish. U know one day when your not in, the air con guy or sparks are going to connect a fused spur to the ups / screened supply under the computer flooring and zap batteries. Don't ever let any one work in there without supervision from a pipe monkey. Sparks and techies don't understand electrics.

Many moons back was sent solo to overhaul a Grundfos multi-stage water pump insitu on site, anyway I`ve been there around an hour and I`m cleaning all the mating faces getting ready for re assembly when this guy comes in asking how much longer I`m gonna be, turns out the pump was for the cooling of a water cooled computer main frame system and the tempreture was getting critically high.

Threw it back together and opened the valves and water was leaking from every joint, the following night we were back with a brand new pump and converted the pipes to a duplex system which should of been there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stuff happens in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock