Search the forum,

Discuss study time for exams in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

r34p3r07

hey guys, im doing my level 2 and 3 nvq's and acs gas safe and its a fast track 16 week course. the problem is: ive been doing the course from march and its going to take me much longer unfortunatley. ive passed all my practical exams for level 2 but just cannot seem to motivate myself to study to pass the multiple choice exams. im interested in the course and ive invested alot of money in it but for some reason when it comes to studying i just become very distracted.

ive even booked in with a trainer multiple times to seek guidance and advice on how to study and use different methods. but im still very much distracted when it comes to tv, xbox etc so im asking if anyone knows a way or a method to help me study and actually have a way to make me feel more interested in doing some studying instead of call of duty winning everytime. i did go over several times in my head of giving my xbox away or beating it with an adjustable spanner but then id have my next door neighbour tortured so, i would really appreciate any help in this matter because its getting to the point where im asking myself "do i want to continue?". i know thats not the right attitude to have as ive put so much time,money and effort into this already but its not a nice feeling when you fail exams time after time and sub conciously your confidence is knocked enough to put you off.. i would really like to pursuit this as a long term career but the way things are going, i cant see that happening..

thanks in advance

If you are asking yourself "do I want to continue?" I think you may have answered your own question there. If you wanted it enough then I'm sure your could just turn the xbox, tv etc off and just get stuck in. I have my renewal exams coming up soon and no xbox or PS3 will distract me I cant afford it to I need my exams to pay the bills.

If you really really want to do this job then I'm sure you will find a way to concentrate and knuckle down and pass those exams

thank you very much for the reply. i understand what your saying and i will take on your advice on board. i think i need a technique that works for me and its taking me a while to find it. i come out of the army after 6 years and went straight into this course, so i am finding it a little difficult to learn as i havent done any studying etc from i left school 10/11 years ago.

thanks again and hopefully i will get through them within the next few weeks.. good luck with your exams :)

It doesn't sound like your heart is in it,so I think your setting yourself up for a fall. If your xbox is more important than your future career now,things don't bode well for later when you could be running your own business. That makes studying for some exams seem like childs play..

If you've been in the Army then a bit of self-discipline shouldn't be too difficult should it? Give the xbox to someone to look after for a while.

i have the same problem, i have never been good when it comes to revision and exams, the smallest thing will distract me! i have been book worming it for 3 days now though as i have my acs in the morning :| still i am finging it hard to take in all the information.

I am having the same problem, I have recently completed module 12 and am waiting for the letter from T4TS to go on training the thing is before going on training I have asked myself "what do I need to know for the exam?" and I am in the process of going through all 12 modules again, make notes again so I know what I need to know for the exams the thing is that I dont know what exactly is going to come up, I have always been bad studying for exams but this exam I need to pass so I can continue on the course and complete it ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to study time for exams in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock