Discuss Stuck 2 port valve versus boiler high limit stat.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

At a job replacing a cylinder and he mentions the boiler kept running even though the programmer wasnt calling. Apparently some history of the CH 2PV sticking on. I found it under some floorboards....nice. So even with the actuator closed, the switch is ON and therefore running the boiler (there is a bypass fortunately). But this triggered the high limit stat on the Dual Stat.
So, job 1 is to replace the 2pv relocating if possible. If the high limit stat has popped, does that mean the control stat is cattle trucked?
Thank'ee

Depends on the boiler. What boiler is it?

very likely they fail at the same time , when they turn power of and pump stopped over running

Depends on the boiler. What boiler is it?
Well its an old Warmflow (Oil) but its a regular Imit Dual stat.
very likely they fail at the same time , when they turn power of and pump stopped over running
Well I wondered that but if the control stat is set to 70, doesnt the high limit stat pop at about 95? so the control stat should have cut off..

True but if there is no pump to push heat out ....
Ahhh, yes I like it, so pump goes off and primary water just sits there brewing and soaking up heat from the jacket etc. I didnt think about that. Good work thanks.

Could be a faulty motorised valve not sending a swL back and cutting boiler out and no over run .
I have seen pumps that are almost gone doing similar thing as there was no auto bypass

Basically pump is so weak as it has been pumping when there was swL but auto bypass is missing therefore pump becomes so weak and struggles to clear he and cousin a over heat

overheat stats just been doing its job as per the instructions on the tin :)

overheat stats just been doing its job as per the instructions on the tin :)
Well done LP. Is that what you'd say to your custards? "Madam, that's another £65 call out for pressing your HT nipple, nowt to worry about, its just doing its job. Same time tomorrow?"....I guess the rest of us would be interested in the cause rather than the effect. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stuck 2 port valve versus boiler high limit stat.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock