Discuss Stubborn drip in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I did think whether a tap would do any good yesterday but I am not sure it will. The fitting is malleable so if it is out of shape the tap will cut where the narrowest part is and probably make things worse by slackening the thread off too much. I may be wrong on that, it might be worth the gamble but I still think losing the elbow is the route I'd take.

If you want to try again at sealing it, I would recommend boss white and hemp. The oil in the boss white will help lubricate things and the hemp will bite in well. Smells good enough to eat too.
You guys over there seem to have all the neat stuff...Here in Canada they smoke up all the hemp due to legal marijuana...lol.
I thought about this stuff...X-pando, that I can buy here. It expands as it sets but since tape and dope gets pushed out of the threads, I don't think it will work will work any better.
On the upside, since heating up the system and letting it pump, I'm collecting a little less water every day...maybe it will plug itself by the time I get around to taking it apart again. 😆

You guys over there seem to have all the neat stuff...Here in Canada they smoke up all the hemp due to legal marijuana...lol.
I thought about this stuff...X-pando, that I can buy here. It expands as it sets but since tape and dope gets pushed out of the threads, I don't think it will work will work any better.
On the upside, since heating up the system and letting it pump, I'm collecting a little less water every day...maybe it will plug itself by the time I get around to taking it apart again. 😆
It could do, not unheard of!
You could try caulking it if you want to risk it. I would use a fairly blunt small cold chisel and try and drive some material from the face of the elbow into the joint. If it is only weeping sometimes you can be lucky on a low pressure system.

It could do, not unheard of!
You could try caulking it if you want to risk it. I would use a fairly blunt small cold chisel and try and drive some material from the face of the elbow into the joint. If it is only weeping sometimes you can be lucky on a low pressure system.
Slowing down....
July 4th
IMG_20210704_080054_069.jpg

July 9th
IMG_20210709_075900_392.jpg

Collecting fewer drips every day...lol. Think I'll let it sit and watch it until just before heating season and hope for the best.

Reply to Stubborn drip in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back