Search the forum,

Discuss Strange Pilot Light Problem - Will Light Outside of the Boiler But Not Inside in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a problem with my Baxi Boston 2 50 RS boiler. Nearly always I am unable to light my pilot light within the boiler itself. On the few occasion I am able to light up the pilot light then I can have the gas button pressed in for an hour and upon release the light goes out immediately.

However, when I unscrew the pilot bracket which inserts into the burner with the pilot injector (and feed pipe), igniter and thermocouple attached and light the pilot light outside of the boiler (this is around a 45 degree angle from its normal stance) the pilot light ignites immediately and all I have to do is hold the gas button in for 10 - 30 seconds and it remains lit. Then it is a case of inserting pilot bracket back into the boiler, screwing it back together and turning the central heating on before the pilot light goes out again (this can take several attempts of unscrewing, igniting and screwing)

If the pilot light is lit when the boiler is switched on, happy days, the central heating works good, but when the central heating is switched off again, at some point no longer than an hour afterwards, the pilot light will go off and I have to repeat the above process again if I want the boiler running.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Yes my advice is to call out a gas safe engineer B4 you hurt your self ! messing with gas can & will kill you !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange Pilot Light Problem - Will Light Outside of the Boiler But Not Inside in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably no need for me to needlessly heat hot water. My intention was to turn the boiler off along with the mains water when going away. Now, I have heard...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock