Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Straight valve to turn shower on & off (you'd think this would exist) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - recognise this a bit of an odd one. We have an old failed mixer valve which we need to replace. This valve actually predates a temperature controlled boiler, so the mixing functionality is irrelevant, since the cold water pipe is isolated/off.

I'd ideally like to replace the shower valve with a simple lever or tap on the 15mm hot pipe run to the shower head. However, I cannot for the life of me find anything to do the job that isn't a brass lever valve or stopcock, both of which look a bit on the industrial side, might be hard to operate for old/young hands and probably aren't designed to be used 20 times a day. The only thing I can find that comes close is a non-concussive version (pic attached) - something like this with a crosshead tap would be perfect.

Shot in the dark, I know, just asking here on the off chance this DOES exist and someone out there knows the common name for it - I've googled every search term I can think of.

Thanks

Attachments

• deva-non-concussive-shower-valve-nct002.jpeg
    deva-non-concussive-shower-valve-nct002.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 6
Do you have a tmv / old rada controlling the shower ? As it’s required

No, temperature is controlled at the boiler which is usually set somewhere between 37 & 40C depending on the weather. No mixing at all takes place beyond the boiler

Heat only or a combi ?

So you do have cylinders ?

So you do have cylinders ?
No, we're not storing hot water, the boiler fires when the showers or hot taps are turned on.

I appreciate the time, but I just really need to know if a fitting exists. Essentially a tap on a run of 15mm pipe. Not an isolation valve or lever valve but something with a reasonably comfortable tap head or lever that looks like a bathroom fitting and can be operated by anyone. It sounds like something that ought to exist, but google and all of my local merchants draw a blank

How about an ir sensor with a solenoid waive hand infront gives you 10-15mins of shower etc ?

Reply to Straight valve to turn shower on & off (you'd think this would exist) in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
We are in a new build (2 years) and the bar shower value on-off bit is jammed. I want to replace it myself as can't afford a plumber. The old one...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock