Discuss Straight lockshield in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I intend using this manual valve as a lockshield. Its design differs from other straight valves in that it has a sloping bit of metal work on the body whereas others do not. Is it there for a reason?

Attachments

• st valve.jpeg
    st valve.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 8
It’s water flow as the face is horizontal like a stop tap

Valve is probably designed to have a thermostatic head installed on it.
I would also assume that the valve is directional, so you may not be able to use it as a lockshield.

As they have to be ordered in am unable to look at one first. Will probably stick with the more usual looking types. Have emailed City Plumbing to possibly clarify the matter.
And another question whilst I am at it. Nothing is simple when coming to swap out our bathroom radiator, changing a 400mm wide for another 400mm wide the centre lines of the
trv and lockshield are now 15mm wider than the originals. I can possibly make up that distance by taking the olive off both rad tails and in that way managing to put the trv and
lockshield further onto the rad tail. I am assuming this is a valid method as I have some extended tails which obviously do not have any olives already pressed onto them?

Last edited:

Reply to Straight lockshield in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock