Discuss stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

damien1

internal stopcock will not shut off completely out side stopcock just keeps turning easily and does nothing

Or wait a couple of months for the drought to set in ...

(Might take a couple of months for the water authority to arrive in any case.)

round here (northwest) united utilities come within 3 days, or next day if you blag em a bit

Scottish Water are not too bad either, but mind you with the amount of rain we get, we don't notice burst mains.

Try turning the outside stop tap a quarter of a turn
AS Mikegas says, a quarter turn is the norm. Think of a ballofix valve or the isolating valves with the screwed slot. On means straight through. Off is a quarter turn to horizontal position.

if you can not wait then freeze the main and fit another stop tap above the existing.

Snatching has to be a total last resort.

Quite like it when you have to do it (and it's planned!!!!).

Get the blood racing a bit!

Snatching has to be a total last resort.

Quite like it when you have to do it (and it's planned!!!!).

Get the blood racing a bit!

its always panic stations when you snatch it and the new fitting dont fit the old nut and olive or pipe size. Or even worse when the lead main snapps off at floor level..... i was in tears that day:(

mdpe you can bend a kink in and do it live without water everywhere, just fold it as near to doubled over as poss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a stopcock in my closet at my flat, but despite me turning it clockwise all the way, this doesn't seem to be stopping the flow of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector...
Replies
Views
Back