Search the forum,

Discuss starting up a drainage company. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aaronfinndrain

hi,
i am thinking of starting a drainage company in west london, just wanted to know what is the average amount of call outs/calls per 24hr period? how many jobs should i expect to do in a week?

thanks

We do this but not in London - you need to spend at least £20,000 plus DONT go down the trailer
route in london - get a fitted out transit - EVEN 2ND HAND they are not cheap then its ALL down to adverts - drains is like petrol your customers do not care who u are as long as u sort it

then its a1 aaaa1 type stuff to get noticed thats my take Centralheatking

r u
hi,
i am thinking of starting a drainage company in west london, just wanted to know what is the average amount of call outs/calls per 24hr period? how many jobs should i expect to do in a week?

thanks

i work for a drainage/building maintenance company for a large major supermarket... for nearly 8 years im 26 and want to venture out on my own. i am writing a business plan and i need rough figures on how much money i am actually going to make.

i was thinking at first to start very small with a Mercedes Vito van with all the rods i can get my hands on and a small petrol portable jet washer, with drain clearing hoses..

i work for a drainage/building maintenance company for a large major supermarket... for nearly 8 years im 26 and want to venture out on my own. i am writing a business plan and i need rough figures on how much money i am actually going to make.

i was thinking at first to start very small with a Mercedes Vito van with all the rods i can get my hands on and a small petrol portable jet washer, with drain clearing hoses..

Sounds like you're after doing commercial. Out of interest, has domestic drain work totally dried up after last year??

i am writing a business plan and i need rough figures on how much money i am actually going to make.

I'm not sure how anyone is going to be able to tell you how much you should expect to earn?
For a start, who knows your proposed company? You can draw up the best business plans, have the most up to date van and machinery required to do the job, but if customers don't know you are out there, then you'll have a hard time even meeting your overheads.
If you are going to go the self employed route, you really need to advertise like mad. Wishing you all the best

The law has changed drastically since about 2010, property owners are responsible for the pipe that drain from their property into the public sewer network that is it, problem for you, the rest of it is owned by the relevant authority/sewerage provider.

You will not get liability insurance for this.

Unless you have a commercial contract in place Im unsure how you can run a drainage business?

Big jobs = big money = big wait for money .

Expect deductions .
Get on approval for cleaning association it's in sfa6 can't remember exact title.

Also chas , construction line and get on books with fast line ( rail) if you can afford insurance lots of rail jetting and station mop ups.

Getting proved is easy once you have relevant docs and insurances. Getting work is another matter. Highways and council are good too . Remember though when they call you in emergency bin off the one off domestic work, if you can be relyed upon you will just get call after call . Domestic won't call u back , if drains ain't fixed "you are a cowboy" and the will just get the next poo fiddler.

Gas is dead right -it used to be really easy. I had forgotten this only really because
we deal with big landlords/multiple occupy premises (on account paid up to 100 days later)
but yea the normal domestic pay cash/credit card world has collapsed - cannot remember when we got called to one Centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to starting up a drainage company. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock