Search the forum,

Discuss Split heat exchanger on ideal logic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I went to a ideal logic that is losing pressure every week. So won't fire. Have checked all visible pipework and valves no sign of a leak. I removed sump cover on front of the boiler and there was water under the heat exchanger. I dryed this off left the heating off and the water came back. Has anyone had to diagnose this fault before. I can't leave the boiler off at c/h isolation valves to see. If drop is on boiler or pipework. As it's a slow leak and need the heating on. Thanks.

Dry the coni trap or rig something up as a temp coni pipe , turn boiler off , up pressure to 2/ 2.5 bar and sit and wait and see if anything drips down the coni pipe , if it does its nact .

I did get a drip or 2 down from the heat exchanger to the slump when turned off and all dryed out.

Yes you will get some , sorry I should have said , you will need to leave the boiler to cool down and any residual condensate to drain away , then up the pressure, after a few mins you will probably end up with a steady stream of water , if not just up the pressure a bit more .

I was getting it pooling in the back of there.

Attachments

• IMG_20191029_173836.jpg
    IMG_20191029_173836.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 25
Follow towns method you will find it if it's there the air intake all comes off so you can get a better in the view in the sump it looks neglected from the picture ? . Kop

I went to another ideal logic today. 8 years old with the same problem. Can I ask how long do you need to leave the boiler to cool do. I went and dryed the area out again under the hex and uped the pressure and it stated leaking down again. The hex was pretty warm though still for using the shower an hour or 2 ago. Do you usually get condensation tuning down from the hex when the boiler is operating?

shouldnt leak much after its stopped (condense) normally if its alot its split

If its the heat exchanger it should be fairly obvious by the colour of the trap water.
Did you get the job of replacing the boiler?

Yes Shaun I could see it dripping from the back of the hex too when I removed the little cover of the front of the fluing system. I guess there shouldn't be any water dripping from the hex even when hot? As the condensate all comes down the front through the inner flue duct and back to the trap.
[automerge]1590951540[/automerge]
If its the heat exchanger it should be fairly obvious by the colour of the trap water.
Did you get the job of replacing the boiler?
This is a different boiler. But looks to be same problem. Yes I did swap the Las one.

Reply to Split heat exchanger on ideal logic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock