Discuss Speedfit Pipe Bending in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phillay

Hey, has anyone used the black cold forming bends that John Guest Speedfit supply?

Running a bathroom refurb in Speedfit. Only used it a handful of times with a previous 'builder' who believed you could twist speedfit all over the place, not pipe clip it for support and use connections like they'd gone out of fashion! So I'm trying to do a better of job of things, following JG's install guide.

I need to do some 90 deg bends from under the floorboards up to sanitary ware and was going to try these, and securing them in place (save another joint). My only question is do you have to bend the pipe with machine benders, then secure it in the cold forming bend? or can you just manipulate the pipe into the bend straight away?

I'm using BPEX 3m lengths and obviously don't want to force it/cause a kink in the pipe.

Advice much appreciated!

BTW I'm asking as I've searched JG site and the internet and can't find the answer anywhere, ...so it's probably obvious! haha.

I miss working with plastics, its sooo easy!!

I worked with a lad and he was bending speedfit with his bender and it actually stayed on the 90*

I miss working with plastics, its sooo easy!!

I worked with a lad and he was bending speedfit with his bender and it actually stayed on the 90*

Seriously?!?

Never heard of that before!

Might have to get the benders out later & give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That'll bend it tighter than the recommended radius, wouldn't be covered under manufacturers warranty.

That's where these cold forming bends and supposed to come into play... they reduce the bend radius (similar to a pulled bend), stay on the pipe and get screwed into place and all under John Guest warranty.

Just don't know if it's the done thing to bend the pex pipe by hand to fit into the fixing or bend it with a pipe bender first so. Think I'll e-mail JG tech advice to find out!

That's where these cold forming bends and supposed to come into play... they reduce the bend radius (similar to a pulled bend), stay on the pipe and get screwed into place and all under John Guest warranty.

Just don't know if it's the done thing to bend the pex pipe by hand to fit into the fixing or bend it with a pipe bender first so. Think I'll e-mail JG tech advice to find out!

I would be interested to know there response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You just bend it round the former and it is held in place by the former......simples :)
Just use elbows

Hey guys,

E-mailed John Guest Technical Department and for anyone interested, there response was as follows:

"Good morning and thank you for your enquiry. We would recommend that you use a pipe bender to prepare the pipe work for use with a cfb. This will make things easier for you and will lessen the chance of kinking the pipe.
Bpex pipe comes in straight lengths and coils, bp only comes in coils. The cfb is for use with either."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Speedfit Pipe Bending in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock