Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Special fibre washer for gas boiler connection? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I fit mainly ideal boilers and they come with a blue coloured fibre washer that is specified for the gas connection to the boiler. Can anyone explain why a fibre washer used on gas has to be different for the ones used on the wet system? Thanks.

I fit mainly ideal boilers and they come with a blue coloured fibre washer that is specified for the gas connection to the boiler. Can anyone explain why a fibre washer used on gas has to be different for the ones used on the wet system? Thanks.

They don't they just need to be the full face ones (not the ones you use for tap connectors)

Fibre washers intended for water will expand on contact with water. A gas washer will not, if you bubbled a gas washer and it expanded it may leak when it dries and contracts. Gas can also penetrate and deteriorate certain fibres that water will not. Same reason hemp cannot be used on gas.

Really I did not know. I always use it on long screw. Infact did a long screw on my last ACS with hemp. But I'm due to re-take ACS in a couple of months, 5 years is up. So maybe it's all changed again. Forever moving the goal posts!

Yes probably just on the change over

Still do some buildings that are still holding with hemp

Oh well been in the game since I left school some 30 odd years ago and still learning. This industry never stands still and keeps you on your toes...Good job we have to refresh and re-sit every 5. Think my next might be my last though.

TBH I would still keep it up even if you just do break downs and servicing

Oh well been in the game since I left school some 30 odd years ago and still learning. This industry never stands still and keeps you on your toes...Good job we have to refresh and re-sit every 5. Think my next might be my last though.
Due to retire Darren then ? or just had enough ?

i am retiring this march would have been my last would have taken me to 65 but made the decision not to bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Special fibre washer for gas boiler connection? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock