Search the forum,

Discuss Sparky bashing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Baxi 105e spark problem

what a joke, I'm a member of both forums but have seen member whining about DIY electrics, yet it seems the rules do not apply when you have a problem with your boiler over there?

Im not one for biting at have a go's as it falls on deaf ears most of the time, but I can't stand hypocrites!

Last question do you hear the van kick in should be follower up with a did you hear the sound of a boom when you started playing with the gas

I love the attitude of im a sparks its got electriacal components so that means i am competent to work on a boiler attitude

Sparkys do my head in to be honest had a row with one few weeks back over a y plan . Had a cust who wanted to update cylinder and control upgrade which i said you can get a sparks to do the wiring as i have no insurance on that side of things ,however make sure they understand heating .Anyway ive done my bit leave as sparks turns up giving it i am the best attitude so left him to do wiring .

Few days later i get a call from the cust saying nothing is working properly to which i reply it will be wired wrong .either way its a call back turned up at house prove everything is working my end so cust phones up sparks . He turns up sounding off about how i have not plumbed it properly as he does load of works for plumbers and he has never had issue .So i then produce wiring diagram and tell him he's wired it wrong and to follow my diagram , 20 min argument over this before he then says i will prove its wired right only to find it was wired wrong . Still refuses to follow diagram as he knows best , i have had enough decide to leave only to pass diagram to cust who then phones me later to say after about an hour of no success the sparks then followed the diagram and it now works !!!!

Like i said sparkys do my head in !!!

Sparkys do my head in to be honest had a row with one few weeks back over a y plan . Had a cust who wanted to update cylinder and control upgrade which i said you can get a sparks to do the wiring as i have no insurance on that side of things ,however make sure they understand heating .Anyway ive done my bit leave as sparks turns up giving it i am the best attitude so left him to do wiring .

Few days later i get a call from the cust saying nothing is working properly to which i reply it will be wired wrong .either way its a call back turned up at house prove everything is working my end so cust phones up sparks . He turns up sounding off about how i have not plumbed it properly as he does load of works for plumbers and he has never had issue .So i then produce wiring diagram and tell him he's wired it wrong and to follow my diagram , 20 min argument over this before he then says i will prove its wired right only to find it was wired wrong . Still refuses to follow diagram as he knows best , i have had enough decide to leave only to pass diagram to cust who then phones me later to say after about an hour of no success the sparks then followed the diagram and it now works !!!!

Like i said sparkys do my head in !!!

should have wire it up and charged customer£200 for the work ......dont let sparky do ch y or s or s+ plans

the electrcians forums just boomed with brain cells with all these plumbings joining up. they must think we all go through google searchs just to say "get a GSR in" etc

while bashing them, might I add napit have started a "electric safe register"... made me laugh when I heard.

A bigger insult is in Ireland an electrician with zero knowledge of gas or plumbing can be an RGI (GSR) by doing a GIS & GID course total of about fourteen days training all because there is electrics involved with heating controls.

I have argued that their course should only cover the heating contrls but RECI (register of electrical contractors Ireland) were given control of setting up the RGII.

Some of them shouldn't be allowed to wire a Christmas tree :59:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sparky bashing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock