Search the forum,

Discuss Space saver/swan neck pan connectors. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Installed hundreds of bogs and never used one but had one on the van for years.

Needed a 90 degree pan con and didn't have one and thought I'd try the swan neck with a straight pushed into it (the custard wouldn't have cared, there were piles of cat turds in the bath and I had to dress up like breaking bad to remove the original loo) rather than go to get one.

Water level rose up like from a syphonic pan. Wouldn't wash away one tissue. Went and got a 90 degree and worked fine. Are these swan neck pan cons good for nothing or did I get unlucky?

probably pushed the straight in too far blocking the swan neck

Even the good ones can be pushed on too far, they literally only need to go on something like an inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Space saver/swan neck pan connectors. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock