Search the forum,

Discuss South London / Surrey: Want a Power flushing or powder flushing an old system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dominoman

I have an old open vented system. 10 radiators plus 2 towel rails. Upstairs radiators work well on the whole, but downstairs lukewarm, and two don't work at all. I took out and cleaned the pump and there was sludge in the pipe.

I'd like a proper powerflush, including cleaning out my F&E tank (not easy to access) and full balancing of radiators so they work perfectly.

Trying to not pay too much, but would like it done asap. And someone who can patch any leaks it causes too (I'd pay extra for parts of course)

Location is CR8.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to South London / Surrey: Want a Power flushing or powder flushing an old system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hello, So we have a two year old boiler and have cleaned / flushed the system twice recently but not all radiators will heat at the same time. All radiators have the ability to heat when the others are isolated so not likely the TRV. have been attempting to balance but seems like maybe not...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had my new boiler and 13 radiators installed in July last year, but since installed all the radiators always top half hot and bottom half cold or warm. I know that if radiators top half hot bottom half cold/warm, it indicates there's sludge in the system. But as the radiators were all...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
T
I’m currently looking into replacing my 20- year-old Ideal Classic FF 360 gas boiler in a 70s semi and have been getting various quotes for a condensing conventional boiler, as we don’t want a combi. The current boiler works well, we have it serviced every year via British Gas Homecare, but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock