Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Solvent weld in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am having an extension built and as part of that the soil stack has been moved. The tee where the toilet joins the stack was leaking badly and my builders fix is to keep applying solvent weld to the outside of the joint which has reduced the leak. My view is the joint should be disassembled and renewed as this is going to be a problem later (if he ever stops the leak). which will then be boxed in.
Views please?
Thanks in advance.

Whether it's boxed in or not it needs removing and replacing.
It will come back to haunt the builder as it's him that you will keep phoning up when it leaks.

Either the pipe wasn't cleaned before the adhesive or not enough adhesive was used.

Yep needs removing and replacing

Good point wrt push fit. Looks like it's smothered in solvent weld.

IMG_20210328_190836.jpg

Reply to Solvent weld in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our boiler is in the loft and I encountered a leak in a roof above our side extension store room which has transpired to be from the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently DIYing my bathroom and have a soil stack with 3 waste pipes bossed into it (bath, basin and bidet) - all waste is currently...
Replies
Views
G
Morning everyone. Got an issue with an internal soil stack boss strap failure. The boss strap had been sealed originally with silicon which has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock