Discuss Sole Traders Rubbish Disposal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you have to have ID for scrap should mean an end to the waste carriers licence (no chance of that !!!!!)

Ha gone are the days you slipped the bin man a fiver and he would take anything you chucked at him

i normally ask the customer if they want to take there own waste to the skip or i can charge them the cost of getting it moved.

if your doing heatings then you could agree with local scrap man he/she can have the rads, boiler (not copper) for free if they take the rubbish aswell. some will do it.

waste license is a must, one trip to scrappie pays for it. if you have space on your land hire a skip for a year to fill with cardboard etc and and a little charge to your custards for it

waste license is a must, one trip to scrappie pays for it. if you have space on your land hire a skip for a year to fill with cardboard etc and and a little charge to your custards for it

Why put a skip in your drive when the customer can pay for disposal immediately and you keep the scrap. Whole worlds gone mad, youll need planning permission to store waste for any period of time - fire and pollution risk and all that!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never take any waste from any of my jobs, I suppose it is more professional but I am just not interested in other peoples waste. Unless it is shiny and my magnetic level doesn't stick to it. I don't think I've ever not gotten a job purely because of this.

Sadly even non magnetic recycling is counted as waste by those in ivory towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sole Traders Rubbish Disposal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock