Discuss Soldering mat?????????? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What’s the best soldering mat / heat proof mat available?

Cheap bes ones and staple 2 together ends up around £3 lasts over a month

Cheap bes ones and staple 2 together ends up around £3 lasts over a month

Absolutely the best way by far and that's why I stock the workshop with cheap BES mats as they take a hammering teaching schoolkids and apprentices to solder. £1.54 each if you buy 20+. Used in pairs like Shaun says. £3 per mat, last quite a while and nearly as long as a single posh mat costing £25 but you've got ten double mats to last you ages for £30.

Reply to Soldering mat?????????? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
I don't live near a city and need to figure out how many rods of 56% I need to solder 3" copper to copper and come copper to stainless steel. I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I'm a complete notice and I working on my heatings motorised valves on my S plan system. I was modifying the system to add an arrester. Long story...
Replies
Views
I have discovered a very old end feed 22mm t connector under the bath is very gently weeping water. It’s in a place and with pipework that are...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Back