Discuss Sold my motorbike, am i ok to put the cash in the bank (tax) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Ok I sold my motorbike this weekend and these questions might seem stupid but I don't know

The lad gave me cash.

Do I have to pay tax on this?

I want to put the money in the bank but don't want it to look like I'm getting cash from jobs and not paying tax.

I'm thinking that it should be ok but you never know. The fact that I have the log book signed by the new owner with dates etc should prove that the money came from the bike sale?

Thanks

Last edited:
You shouldn`t have a problem but if it gives you peace of mind then photocopy the logbook before you send it off and keep with the receipt for the bike sale then you can prove it wasn`t business related.

was you claiming anything against tax for the use of the bike?
for example using to call round for supplying quotes, and then putting some cost to the business?

If it was just for personal use then use the cash as you like.

Last edited:
as long as you can prove where you got the cash from then you can do as you like with it, I wouldn't worry

Just personal use and I can prove where the money came from.

Before I registered self employed I wouldn't have given it a second thought but now I feel the need to double check all this type of info.

Thanks for all the replies.

just put it in your private account and not your business and you will not have to account for it when your books are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sold my motorbike, am i ok to put the cash in the bank (tax) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock