Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Soil pipe through tile hung wall in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. MOSSEP

MOSSEP Plumber

I need to take a soil pipe through a vertical tile hung gable wall at my own house, does anyone know the best way of sealing it and making a good job of cutting the tiles? I wonder if there is a flashing of some sort on the market that might fit? Has anyone had to do this, if so what did you do?

2. quality

quality Plumber GSR

Never done it myself but lead flashing would seems logical

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

pipesnugg?

4. Fos

Fos New Member

5. MOSSEP

MOSSEP Plumber

Cheers,

That McAlpine flashing from tool station might do the job, Ive also seen a lead version thats similar. I had hoped to carefully core drill the tiles in situ but I cant see it ending too well. The pipesnug looks good, but I'd imagine its only effective on a brick wall?

6. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Another vote for lead flashing. Never done it myself but it was the first thought I had when I saw the thread title.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Active Member

I used a lead flat roof slate when I had to do this, it worked well and was easy to use. Could probably do your own out of lead if confident, but this was much easier!
    Personally I striped off tiles for a good sized margin around work area as only had two spares and I thought they might start jumping off with the vibration. Just go steady and you’ll be fine.