Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe overload or no? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djob

The 4" has 5 bathrooms (bath, basin & toilet) it also has 5 kitchens running to it. I'm just curious to if that is a lot running to the one soil or is it totally fine?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 97
Too small I'd say and by the looks of it drops straight onto a 90 from above. Flats right?

Yes mate, this was done to exactly how was instructed & I've had my doubts since it was finished all 5 flats one on top on the other straight into a 90 which doesn't even have an inspection on it..

I would say its overloaded, but we have done one not long ago with more on it than that.

we said to the company we work for about it and they said we didn't design the drawings so it's not down to us :s

in my eyes change it to a T with wodding point and change to 160 atleast from the T to the drain and higher if poss

loads done like this in in the perfect world it would have some access points but chance are if you put them in you would never get to them later or even if you can get to them who want to be the one to open an access with a couple of floors on top of it
this is why we have jetters now
5 dwellings isnt overload look at the backs of some old commercial stuff and youll see severall floors with 10 pans a floor going into 4 inch cast

Last edited:
Very true my friend, every floor has an inspection.. Scary thing it because they have inspection on every floor they don't want anything tested

The chances of every bath, sink, Wc, kitchen sink, washer, dishwasher and shower discharging at the same time is absolutely Zero.

Access is not the real issue here, if as you seem to be saying there are 5 floors above the change of direction & the connection of the flat directly above connect into the stack, then it is going to be "compression at the base of the stack" there is a no connection zone from the invert of the horizontal run of 750mm (for 5 floors) above due to this. This is detailed in part H as it results in loss of trap seal & foaming to any connection with in this zone, Building Control will not pass this.

Ever looked at a building site, where 10 houses are built in a line. All 4 inch drains from each house. Then all connected into a run behind the houses in,..... You guessed it 4inch.

Below ground is designed to be self cleansing and the 100mm main channel would have to had been designed to SFA 6 . If not won't get adopted and house builder ends up liable for next 109 Years or how ever long lease is for.

From experience 4" plastic has less drag than 6" ultra rib. Probably all backdrops in to a 225mm vc sewer any how.

How will you get your fire collars on? It I will also need a lot of sound proofing.
I put fire collars on when installing the soil originally & indeed it will need a lot of sound proofing but that's not my job

I put fire collars on when installing the soil originally & indeed it will need a lot of sound proofing but that's not my job

Not seen in the picture hence why I asked. I know they can be a pain to fix into the underside of concrete floors and I can't see them fitting over the fittings. Biggest pain I find is builder always makes the hole to big to get the fire resistant bolts a good fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil pipe overload or no? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from...
Replies
Views
During November we have to replace a corroded cast soil pipe on the exterior wall of the 1st and 2nd floors of our 1930’s building. Fine. However, it also has a smaller diameter pipe running beside it up the full height. It appears out of the wall, level with the first floor toilet, runs up the...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock