Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss soil pipe fitting question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbduff

Hi
(I posted this yesterday in the plumbing forum with no replies)
What kind if elbow soil pipe fitting is this?
Is it push fit rubber O ring or some kind of solvent weld?
I want to know if it is demountable without causing damage to the vertical soil pipe fitting
Installed in 1966.

fitting2_zpsehgcix3m.jpg
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails

Solvent weld, so not demountable.

Unless you are me (or a few others on here) but please don't try it or it will end in tears.

Solvent weld, so not demountable.

Unless you are me (or a few others on here) but please don't try it or it will end in tears.

Thanks, I will avoid tampering with it in that case!
I'm refurbishing the bathroom and wanted to make better use of the space, however it's not a problem to leave it as is.
Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to soil pipe fitting question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock