Discuss soil pipe fitting question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbduff

Hi
What kind if elbow soil pipe fitting is this?
Is it push fit rubber O ring or some kind of solvent weld?
I want to know if it is demountable without causing damage to the vertical soil pipe fitting
Installed in 1966.

fitting2_zpsehgcix3m.jpg

Attachments

• fitting.jpg
    fitting.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by a moderator:
with the small half round raised ridge towards the end of the fitting would suggest this is where the o ring is seated on the inside suggesting push fit ?

with the small half round raised ridge towards the end of the fitting would suggest this is where the o ring is seated on the inside suggesting push fit ?

Exactly what made me suspect maybe it could be a possibility however most people in the know seem to think it is solvent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say it's solvent !

the first ring from the end is too small and the other is too near the full socket

Last edited:
Unless I`m going bonkers there are 2 threads running on this by the same OP, and others have said solvent weld.

I'd say it's an m & f solvent 90 bend into a pushfit tee

EDIT
just looked again and it could be a push fit m & f, with the O ring housing on the bend being just inside the plasterboard

Last edited:
Unless I`m going bonkers there are 2 threads running on this by the same OP, and others have said solvent weld.

I posted it in the Sanitary Ware forum also because I had thought I made a mistake by posting it in this forum as I wasn't getting any response initially. Sorry about the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to soil pipe fitting question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the...
Replies
Views
Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock