Search the forum,

Discuss Snickers Trousers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ederz

In desperate need of some new trousers but the price for these has shot up over the last 6 months. Does anybody know where you can pick them up for a decent price?

I buy my trousers from toolstation, cheap and they do the job

why do they have to be snickers? helly hansen are good, i pick them up for £40, they last for months, just a shame about my boots as after 2 weeks of wear the steel toe caps are already showing themselves and ive tried all sorts

I'm just used to snickers and usually last 9-12 months which I'm impressed with, comfy too.

I'm around £14 for my trousers, had my knee pads for years, my trousers last long enough to justify the price. Portwest ones

I also use snickers they last approx 12-18 months, never got that with the cheaper ones, also the knee pads stay in place all the time

Cheapest i can find is £50 delivered which, Im sure they were £40 delivered last time round or I'm being tight :)

why do they have to be snickers? helly hansen are good, i pick them up for £40, they last for months, just a shame about my boots as after 2 weeks of wear the steel toe caps are already showing themselves and ive tried all sorts

Glad it's not just me, only had mine on for two weeks and the steels showing through.

I do like me snickers trousers though. I have 4 pairs, 2 pairs 3 years old that I roll out when I have a real messy day planned and the recent two are 18 months old. Will be due for a new pair soon.

Kansas Prostretch for me, millions of pockets, loops etc, zip off legs and last ages (unless the sparkies can't be arsed to put the boards back properly and I rip the knees on the sticky up nails!) Last 2 pairs kept going for 2 and half years. Get em from Progressive Safety bout £45.

Helly Hansen are ok - the best in my opinion are by Fristad. A particular model they make: PS25-241

I got 2 pairs of snickers with a belt for 90 quid of then net about 18 months ago and they are both still in good nick. I'm sorting out all my reciepts for the accountant at the minute if I find the receipt i'll post the website up.

got some from wickes ahermm. £25 and lasted at least a year n half with only one snagged belt loop.
will buy again.

I've got Snickers and they are good. Last a long time and the knee pads are good. But I didn't pay for them! Ha ha! I had some Portwest ones and they were quite good too, they had zips on the pockets which was good. Wouldn't mind trying some Helly ones tbh.

i always use portwest ones, they last long enough to justiy the price anyway, pockets burst easily though.

I bought a pair of JCB trousers from B+Q for £40, haven't managed to tear a hole in the crotch like the Dickies ones!

i wear cheap and cheerful dickies ones. i get 12 month out of em and for about 16 quid its not bad..........

Will never buy another pair of Snickers, had four pairs now and the backside has ripped in all of em, shame reall coz other than that they were good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Snickers Trousers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock