Discuss smell of gas call out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puddle

I was called out to a spell of gas today,customer rang to say had smelt for a long time but as they were selling thought they better get sorted out
Asked them how long the smell had been there and they said about 2 1/2 years since flat done up,it was coming from a box outside and as outside had not really bothered!!
Soon found problem

picture.php

When I explained how dangerous this was due to size of gas leak ,they were more concerned about the ammount it must of cost in lost gas :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It was outside kitchen wall,they had left it there capped off,with a wooden box covering it (made from MDF...now sponge as outside ) as they were going to build a small office at the rear of the garden

I was called out to a spell of gas today,customer rang to say had smelt for a long time but as they were selling thought they better get sorted out
Asked them how long the smell had been there and they said about 2 1/2 years since flat done up,it was coming from a box outside and as outside had not really bothered!!
Soon found problem

picture.php

When I explained how dangerous this was due to size of gas leak ,they were more concerned about the ammount it must of cost in lost gas :(

what is that we are looking at puddle?

My good gawd!

Custards like that and we wonder why there are fatalities!

love to have a dozen jobs like that every day, nice little earner puddle.

Lovely when you can get a bit dramatic for the client and paint them a picture of 'what ifs!!

Funny that they've smelt gas for so long, but just thought 'sod it'....beggers belief.

I have had a smell of gas ever since i had my main moved a few months ago. I finally made the call and had it sorted on Monday. I guess im as guilty as your punter but mine wasnt anything like as bad as that fitting.

at least fitter had decency not to cover split comp nut with gas marker tape!

no excuse for leaving this in this dangerous state beggars belief :eek::eek:...:)regards turnpin

surely this must have split after he left it? if you tightened it up too much and split it you would feel the change in tension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to smell of gas call out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
I’m at a loss with this one. We renovated a run down house and have lived in it now for about 16 months. We had a new Greenstar 8000 Style 35...
Replies
Views
We have been in our house (2 story) for 2 months. Smelled gas when we moved in around gas fireplace and room. Gas company detected gas and...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock