Discuss Sizing expansion vessels in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Did/can you confirm that the pressure was 2 bar with boiler/circ pump off? This is important.

That gives a system contents of 720 Litres

1642024023334.png

The 66/55C flow/return will only be valid if the boiler was running constantly, ie a gas boiler, if not, or an oil boiler which always cycles then the system dT and the boiler dT will be completely different.

Thanks the boiler is pretty much running constantly there is huge heat loss as one wall of the whole building is nearly completely glass. Sorry I would have to check the pressure when the pump is off. This is seen as the true pressure?

Yes, it will give the true reading then.
If all the readings are correct, the spreadsheet will be correct, 720 litres seems a huge systems content though,
the exact pre charge pressure also has a huge influence on the results, for example if it was 1.25 bar (or 0.5bar) the system contents will be 540 Litres.
One way or the other though. I think you should be quite confident that a 50 litre EV will have no problem in dealing with the extra rads water content.

Last edited:

Reply to Sizing expansion vessels in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock