Discuss sizing a radiator for a loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi can anyone help give the correct size radiator/s or btu output require for a loft space 4.7 meters long, 5.2 meters wide, and 2.7 meters at the highest point, is a pitched roof. Thanks for any help.

i asked this recently but why are you heating an attic space?

A massive one but don't connect pipework as your heating bills will be immense. If you have no vapour control and poor insulation start saving to replace the roof. Wet rot will eat roof in 18 months

fm experience of attic convertions, if the insulation is done to b regs orders, youll not need anything bigger than a matchbox to heat it! do an online search for rad sizing calcs and off you go

A minimum of 7500BTU.
But that is just a guess as it will take a lot of heating.

well it's not an attic then it is a bedroom in the loft. different kettle of fish. how long ago was the conversion done and did it pass building control.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sizing a radiator for a loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock