Discuss Sink square tap holes - issue how to install round holed taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Calibre500

Hi. I am changing the sink taps but have found that the holes are in fact square. Not only that but that they won't budge at all - they're rock solid!! Firstly I need advice on how to remove the taps. I think they originally put putty of some sort and lead. Managed to get the back nut off which I thought was the biggest issue but obviously not. Then how to install the new taps into the square holes. Cheers.

Back nut off ? Tap tap side to side, if new tap doesn't fit through hole, drill it out...............

That putty has created a thread inside. Spin the tap out like a screw, you may need to cut the spout off though. And you'll need a good set of grips or stilsons to budge it.

Having said that I've had to do this a few times and on one of those occasions the tap actually had a square section that matched the wash hand basin and I split that basin in 2.

Think the stuff they used was called red lead or something it's an absolute sod to remove once the taps out

As Jason Derulo would say, wiggle wiggle wiggle. If its a washbasin then they may just come out before it breaks.

Not as easy as it looks this plumbing lark :)

As Jason Derulo would say, wiggle wiggle wiggle. If its a washbasin then they may just come out before it breaks.

Not as easy as it looks this plumbing lark :)

Never ever reference music out side of your era. Wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah was party rockers, derulo is responsible for singing his name at an annoying pitch

U can get washers / packing R sets for basin taps for this very issue.

Also if they are original taps 65% chance they have square shank at top.

if they are on a basin you cant spin them round as the taps will have lugs on them try and peelthe lead washers of and then dig the putty out 50 50 you break the basin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sink square tap holes - issue how to install round holed taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock