Discuss Sink in bedroom not draining in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a sink in the bedroom the waste pipe is connected directly to the bath waste on the other side of the wall. Sink does not drain. I have removed the trap and the pipe down to below the floorboard. There is no clogs and if I pour water directly down at any stage of the connections it drains away fine. As soon as I add the trap piece and turn on the water it doesn’t drain again unless I disconnect the pipe from the trap ??
Any ideas please

It'll be partially blocked close to where it joins the bath waste.
The blockage will be a mixture of hair, skin and soap.

You might move the blockage by filling the sink and using a plunger and the weight of the sink full of water behind it.
Alternately you may clear it with a spring waste pipe clearing tool.

CAUTION ,if you plunge there's a slight risk of blowing the waste pipe joint apart and causing a minor flood.

Reply to Sink in bedroom not draining in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello. Have nasty whiff emanating from the bath drain I think. When the nearby sink drains down there's a popping sound coming...from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
Back