Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Sink drainage in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all!

I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin.

I'm at the demolition stage! I've managed to remove the old vanity and I've got a waste pipe in front of me going straight into the ground. I always thought it would go into the wall. Just want to check this all looks normal.... The waste pipe is easy to lift in and out of the larger drain area, it doesn't feel like it is attached to anything.

Am I okay to floor round this? Any advice for making it look decent?

Attachments

• PXL_20240219_183240758.jpg
    PXL_20240219_183240758.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 17083680837995579487340330773729.jpg
    17083680837995579487340330773729.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 11
Looks like it’s into a 110mm drainage pipe so yes ok but should be sealed you should be able to move it up and down with force shouldn’t move on its own weight etc

Yes, waste pipes can indeed go straight into the ground, especially in newer builds. When flooring around this pipe, ensure a neat finish by leaving a small gap around the pipe to accommodate any movement or expansion. You can use a flexible sealant or a grommet to seal this gap, preventing water ingress and odour escape. For better aesthetics, you can also consider installing a pipe collar or escutcheon plate at the floor level. This will give a nice clean, finished appearance around the pipe where it comes up from the floor. Good luck with the project (maybe post us an update when it's done?!).

Reply to Sink drainage in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am plumbing in a double basin sink based on the first pic that I mined from a Reddit thread. (happy to accept suggestions on if this is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock