Discuss Shower trap query, drains smell in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have recently bought a house where there is a constant drains smell in the downstairs wet room. I suspect that the trap is not sealing but I can't find how to seal this particular trap. I wonder if there is something missing that would seal it. The trap and drains are clear. Any help would be very appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20211212_210723.jpg
    IMG_20211212_210723.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi - make sure there is actually water in the trap - sounds stupid, but it happens if not used for a while - can dry out and obviously doesnt seal off the drain!

Reply to Shower trap query, drains smell in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no...
Replies
Views
C
Hi folks, Might be a stupid question but I currently have a wet room shower in place with a waste trap but I am looking to convert to a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock