Discuss Shower pump issue in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, DIY'er after a quick bit of advice.

Our shower pump is taking a minute to kick in, and is giving a funny burning type smell before it does.

Don’t think it’s anything to do with air block after the pump (which is a problem we had before with shower pressure not working) as unscrewing shower hose etc from the external valve makes no difference – it’s literally just a matter of time before the pump all of a sudden kicks in and works and shower is back to proper pressure.

Pump is 4.1/.2 years old. Family of 4 so used frequently

I’m happy ordering another pump and fitting it as can get exact same one, but just wondering if there’s anything pre-pump that could be causing it rather then just something wrong in the pump? And if there is something it could be, is it an easy thing for me to check or do I need to get someone in?

Thank you!

Reply to Shower pump issue in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock