Search the forum,

Discuss Shower feed and connections in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. Without going into long-winded explanations what I would like to know is- can I connect the hot supply from a standard vented cylinder
together with the cold mains supply into a shower mixer. I know that I can only control the volume and not the pressure by fitting a valve in the line I.am wondering if the higher pressure of the cold can be compensated within the showers mixing control. Thanks

Posts #9 & #10 should answer your query but the hot mixed flowrate will be quite poor as its dependent on the very low pressure from the gravity supplied HW cylinder.

Last edited:

Reply to Shower feed and connections in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock