Search the forum,

Discuss Shower enclosure height restrictions for low ceilings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

angelkelly

I was wondering whether theres a minimum gap that should be kept between a shower enclosure and the ceiling?

I have a bathroom (not a wet room) with a low ceiling and raised floor, most standard shower enclosures would come very close to the ceiling and googles not been of great help, so I decided to bring my question to the professionals :)

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and extreme appreciation to anyone who would take the time to answer

Do not believe there is a regulation as such,the shower enclosure can go up to the ceiling if required
What you should be aware of,is any restriction caused to air,humidity and steam extraction and you may have to have a extraction point in shower area to compensate for any restrictions caused by enclosure,also any ceiling covering should have a suitable finish for that environment

Last edited by a moderator:
personally, i have taken them up to about 4'' from ceiling.
just watch for regs on light fittings above which i think should be no less than 1400mm from shower head and be enclosed splash proof type for shower rooms.

Hi. If ventilation / mechanical air extraction is an issue. I make a product that may assist Roof Vents | Just Lead - Sheet Lead Products as for lighting, there is a light /fan fitting combined, which i think is rated for this sort of situation. This needs to be discussed with a sparks with a knowledge of regs. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower enclosure height restrictions for low ceilings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock