Discuss Shawer water trap and pipe sits goes over the top of electrical cables - is this all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gosgog

Hi , some advice please. I wish to fit a solid shower tray in the corner of our bathroom with the shower trap set under the floor boards. The waste pipe then extends under the flooring and into the soil pipe. Unfortunately the shower trap sits above several electrical cables which also run under the floor to service lighting etc within the house. They are seperated vertically by about 100 mm. I cannot easily reroute the cables or the trap position - hence a bit stuck! Can I proceed?

Re: Shawer water trap and pipe sits goes over the top of electrical cables - is this

If its just cables and you are clear of any junction boxes you should be fine. Dip cable adjacent to waste so in the event of water splashing on cable it will drip off rather than run along cable. Good plumbing = no drips.

Re: Shawer water trap and pipe sits goes over the top of electrical cables - is this

Many thanks joni, and sorry about the spelling in the heading. It just cables, No junction box on this level. Cables pass from the floor through the wall into the cavity Then across about 500 mm and down to the ground floor fuse box. Will ensure cable dips and not drips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shawer water trap and pipe sits goes over the top of electrical cables - is this all in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock