Discuss shallow bath trap lets smells from drains past. no room for deep trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cmp260

hi,

ive got a bath installed bum backwards, plughole is at far end to outside wall, pipe runs under bath through wall then at shallow angle over to soil pipe.

Problem is the shallow plughole trap lets smells past and there is no option to put anything bigger under bath (it cant be moved and I cant cut into floor). I put an bodged S bend outside wall and it stops smells but now bath drains slowly and my wife hates it. Im also worried about freezing in winter.

Any suggestions how to fix this gratefully accepted.

many thanks

I agree
However if trap is close to wall and you only have a short stub of pipe which you can't get the hepvo trap onto. You should be able to fit a deeper trap by chopping out a bit of floorboard :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

fit a trap with an anti vac valve. if other options dont suit.
The McAlpine trap I've mentioned above is anti vac and is one of the reasons I use it, though it can be a tight fit on some baths if used without an extension piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shallow bath trap lets smells from drains past. no room for deep trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock