Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Servicing tool kit/bag? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. macka09

macka09 Plumber GSR

hi guys. I’m just wondering whether most of you guys have a separate set of tools for servicing or whether you just take in your standard tool box? I haven’t done much servicing and my tool box at the moment seems to cover most jobs I do. I just don’t want to be dragging everything in with me if I can help it. Cheers.

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I have a tool roll. The only thing is doesn’t carry is my electronics. Separate bag for that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I know it’s like plumbing p0rn but could you post a pic

4. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I have a Stanley tool tray with the bits I use

5. Harvest Fields

Blimey. My tools are as old and battered as I am.

6. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Separate tool box for servicing it looks a bit more professional that way. Kop

• Like Like x 2
  7. Riley

I meant just the roll I’m always intrigued how people carry stuff

• Like Like x 1
  8. Harvest Fields

Give me 20

9. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

veto rucksack

• Like Like x 1
  10. CBW1982

CBW1982 GSR Top Contributor!!

Mature plumbing p0rn? :p:p:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Riley

Takes all sorts

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. CBW1982

I have a separate toolbox for servicing, but rarely take it in, I usually find myself just taking the odd tool out and putting in my main toolbox, and take that in. Might be worth investing in a good solid storage box (wham bam are good and cheap) and just taking in what you think you’ll need on a service? Or if you’re going to be servicing more than anything kit yourself out with that, countless times I’ve been moved around doing different things and ended up changing my toolbox to suit, doesn’t happen much now I’m in a fixed role.

13. CBW1982

Are these really worth the cost?;)

14. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

yes 1000% love mine

it holds all my service gear in one bag plenty of room even got a 12" adj spanner in there :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Millsy 82

Millsy 82 Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I have a separate tool bag for service and repair. Why take a bag full of chisels pipe slices cutters etc when all you need is a few screwdrivers.

I use the monument one it's ok but I wont get another. I like the fact it's big enough to fit my analyser etc in it but my region manometer has already punctured the manometer holder, it is too big so also gets heavy over time, the tool holders are not brilliant and my 12" crescent grips only just fit in.

• Winner Winner x 1