Search the forum,

Discuss self adhesive plastic dust sheets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wigz

hi all i got a job coming up and the customer has nice cream carpets, i usually use dust sheets but half the time they end up getting screwed up
and they become in the way or you lose tools under them. looking at the self adhesive plastic rolls i would want it for the hall way, on the stairs
and the landing at top of stairs. has anyone or does anyone use these? or any other ideas would be helpful thanks.

It's good stuff (expensive). I have a roll that's lasted two years, it only comes out when I'm really up against it. Wouldn't it be so much easier if all carpets were magnetite black.

Haha that is brilliant, spill rads on them to clean them!

Carpet protector and hard surfaces protector save you a load of hassle and protect the customers home and keep you safe from trip hazards. Makes clean up a doddle. We put it over appliances and work surfaces too. If the customer has an animal they end up with a very clean carpet too :smilewinkgrin:

Just remember you'll still have to have something on top of the plastic where you think it's going to get wet. It's good for trv's, cutting a square off the roll and then cutting into it to fit around a pipe and get a good seal onto the pipe and then a towel on top and then change the valve, mop up any overspill and peel off the plastic.

I use this stuff a lot....
Dust Sheet Roll 2m x 50m | NoLinkingToThis

Roll it out to create a walkway through the house, and cut a section off to create a work space inside a room. You can re-use it if you fold it up carefully.

i was using roll and stroll for a bit but ran out now as i left outside on a job alll wet grrr

We occasionally pick up a roll on eBay cheap as someone has over ordered. It is quite dear stuff but the overall savings on time and customer impression are worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to self adhesive plastic dust sheets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock