Discuss seeking opinion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kandro

I live in a rented shared flat. In the flat is a rather strong bad smell. I aired it out & then closed all the doors airtight. Then after 30 minutes I went to smell each room. The kitchen was smelling strong of it & the corridor too but the bathroom didnt. It smells like something rotting like rotting with a smell like frying mushrooms mixed in. Ive cleaned all the surfaces so its nothing on the surface. Everything is sparkling but still the strong smell fills the whole area after 30 minutes. I havent missed anything & there seems to be no specific location. There is no sign of damp except by the front door where the walls at the side are cracking & distorting a bit .

Is there a way to get an inspection that is more a legal thing than privatrely paid for? Im disabled & since I cannot work I dont have much money for private. Also its the landlords job to maintain it not me so I would like advice for diagnosis. I need to expose the smell source so it is irrefutable. The smell is so strong it must be easy to expose the location?

hi and welcome.

it is the dishwasher or washing machine waste.

Could be losing the trap seal in the sink letting drain air in. Are the pipes from the washing machine fastened up behind the appliances correctly in a swan neck or are they trailing on the floor?

or a rat/mouse under the kickplate of your cupboards - otherwise i'd agree with puddle !!

ay-up, he's lost his glasses again. must be stuck to the bottom of those merlot bottles.

Hmm!

May not be Plumbing at all.

Not to alarm you, but often a mushroom smell comes from dry rot and its not always easy to spot. As you say, get it investigated, if its dry rot the landlord will be glad you told him or her.

Bernie2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to seeking opinion in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock