Discuss seeking advice: use of system boiler for unvented HW and CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leon Hurst

Hi, I just moved into a house with an old unvented HW system which is powered by a system boiler (gas)
that is also used to heat the CH system.

Q: what "power" setting should I put the system boiler to (it is a Prima F with a range of 1-6)?

I ask this as I expect the unvented HW system needs a good hot feed for its exchanger. We like
piping hot water and have replaced all taps with good mixers with child safety buttons.
On the other hand I expect (please correct if wrong) that the CH system would need a
lower boiler setting so as not to over heat the house and waste money (note all radiators have thermostat valves).

Many thanks.

Does your cylinder have a cylinder stat,if so it is this (if working) that controls your hot water temperature. Set your boiler stat for the rad temp and the cylinder will take care of itself.

If theres a cylinder stat, programmer and room stat all turning the boiler down will do is cause it to do is fire up then get to temp and then kick off a lot. IMO its better to turn boiler to max and control heating via room stat, programmer and thermostatic rad valves in individual rooms. If it's a condensing Boiler then turning it down slightly will allow the boiler to condense more effeicently therefore saving some money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to seeking advice: use of system boiler for unvented HW and CH in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock