Search the forum,

Discuss Secondary heat exchanger cleaning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has anyone tried to clean a partially blocked secondary heat exchanger using system chemicals instead of removing and acid cleaning or replacing it.

Got a vokera procombi 85 he which goes cold unless the flow is very low.

Depends on whether it's the heating side sludged up or a scaled up hot water side. I've always had good results using fx2

Reply to Secondary heat exchanger cleaning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
I have a Baxi Duo Tech 28 HE. According to an online search with the serial number and GC number, I should have a 20-plate heat exchanger. So, I purchased a 20-plate unit. However, when I removed the old part, it appears to have 12-14 plates. Is there any harm in installing a 20-plate exchanger...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water cylinder, a central heating system (serving 21 radiators) and an orangery built last year (6m x 4m) with underfloor heating. Through running some...
Replies
Views
I have a central heating system in a 7yr old ‘Persimmons’ new build, that has several problems related to reduced flow. A nice retired engineer on these forums, has helped me, through extensive testing, identify the heat exchanger as the culprit. The boiler is a Glowworm Ultracom 24hxi, 10...
Replies
Views
I live in a very cold 3 bed detacthed house. We have a Baxi 400 heat only boiler and use Tado smart thermostat and controler to replace the old honeywell programmer. Pump is a CirculatingPumps CP50. The boiler flow temp is set at 75c and the thermistat is at 21c but it is not warm enough and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock