Discuss Sealed Flu - Engineer cannot inspect or fit hatches - Any options? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Room sensing carbon monoxide alarms are not an alternative to being able to see the flue and you will still need to have inspection hatches fitted so that the flue system can be checked. It is recommended that inspection hatches are fitted as soon as you are able to do so. From 1 January 2013, any Gas Safe registered engineer will classify the boiler as At Risk, this means that they will turn the boiler off, with your permission, and formally advise you not to use it until inspection hatches have been fitted in appropriate

fron gas safe site

Gas Safe Register technical bulletin TB008 (Ed 3) guidance document was released on 1[SUP]st[/SUP] April 2013 which calls for inspection hatches to be installed to allow periodic inspection of flues located within a void space. Appendix 1, section 11 of guidance notice allows the use of a CO void monitoring system (COSSVM) where inspection hatches cannot be installed or the home owner is unwilling to have hatches installed.

This is poop. Go back to the developer/ installer and contact the HSE. This is all to common, but has had loads of time to be sorted. The requirements have been in your several years.

This is poop. Go back to the developer/ installer and contact the HSE. This is all to common, but has had loads of time to be sorted. The requirements have been in your several years.

I agree a block of flats I did a lot of work on the builder had to build stairs and install inspection hatches so the flue could be inspected At a cost of £500000 so I heard. These flats were around 8 years old. So I would speak to neighbours if they have the same problem (I would of thought they have the same problem) then take it up with the builder.

£500000 is a lot of hatches?
council job, do you have to buy key members of the council procurement staff a hoilday in the maldives out of that

£500000 is a lot of hatches?

Haha. They had to design and build 3 staircases going up 3 floors which cost the most of the money. They were fitting 2' x 3' hatches as well as there were four flues going up in the void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sealed Flu - Engineer cannot inspect or fit hatches - Any options? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back