Search the forum,

Discuss sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tiling spread

best SDS drill on the market

I have the older 24v dewalt cordless.Had it for 4 years and still going strong!

Drills 24mm holes without breaking into a sweat.

Graham

i had the bosch 24v run it in the ground both the bats gone sold it as it was no good too me now i need to get one soon

I recomend bosch 36volt use it every day for drilling and light chassing never missed a beat in 2 years

I have a Dewalt 18v and just bought the lithium batts for it. I also have a Milwaukee corded for doing smaller core holes, Dewalt is easily as powerful on the clutch and eaier to use off a ladder!

I bought hilti 36v 4 years ago.very expensive but wel paid for it self by now.strongly recommend it.Think u can only by directly of hilti now and sum hire places wil sell used

battery sds, always liked the idea but for less than half the price a decent corded one is better, £120 for my well abused 700w DeWalt, had it eight years (clutch repair for £50 good as new) Even up ladders much lighter than a cordless.

Aldi special £35, 1500W and 3 year Warrenty.:eek:
Had a bit of abuse and no complaints so far. Even used it as a breaker to break out some granite chipped concreted based fence posts. Was solid stuff.
Started get bit warm at one point though. It's no Hilti.

When I win the lotto will maybe get myself one those fancy bosch thingies.

Best SDS drills on the market are Hilti & Dewalt. Hilti is out of you r price bracket, so go for a dewalt, you should get one for around the ton mark. If you can out work that, without of course trying to take walls down with it, you will be really going some.

Love my makita 24v sds, had it about 3 years now, its taken tons of abuse

Just bought a cheapo (£56) Titan sds from Screwfix after reading the reviews (lots from plumbers) saying what a workhorse theirs had turned out to be. I'm well impressed so far, came with all the bits, 2 cores, mini kango, chisel and two decent (length anyway) masonary bits.

Weighs a bloody ton but I'm no whelterweight so it doesn't bother me! Not sure about getting up a ladder with it.

Nige

Like Hilti.

Got to admire any drill that can hurl me around in circles when it gets stuck. Really happened on a swimming pool job.

Once had an old Wolf drill weighed a ton, it nearly turned an apprentice upside down when he got it stuck in an overflow hole.

Just bought a cheapo (£56) Titan sds from Screwfix after reading the reviews (lots from plumbers) saying what a workhorse theirs had turned out to be. I'm well impressed so far, came with all the bits, 2 cores, mini kango, chisel and two decent (length anyway) masonary bits.

Weighs a bloody ton but I'm no whelterweight so it doesn't bother me! Not sure about getting up a ladder with it.

Nige

had mine 2 years now, think i will grease her up now for a treat.

If you are using the machine for constant drilling then get a 110 drill and a couple of 110 extensions and you can pull it all over the house. A cordless (even 36v) will never match a decent corded.
Get yourself a Hilti, Makita, AEG/Milwakee, Bosch or yella black and decker and even the cheapies will match a cordless. Sure for up a ladder a cordless is easier but how many holes do you actually drill up a ladder?
You should have a wide selection of power tools as they can all save you time and money but use the tool to suit the job.
Don't buy cheap as they are generally sh... rubbish. Like asking "whats the best drill for under £100 ......none. Buy the best you can afford and treat it as an investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock